This state of mind does not bind us, however, and we are tempted to look around at the universe: at the deep unknown beyond our imagination, which imposes upon us, its colors, its chemistry, its laws of Physics, their lives.
While our action on earth makes us think, given the reactions of nature in the form of floods, typhoons and huge forest fires, the universe remains a "land" of opportunities. Even literature seems to have an obligation not to repeat the mistakes of the past; everything should be better.
The nature of the universe serves as muse for this literary contest. And even a novel by Nicholas Sparks seems to be different if thought of in this immense and cosmic context. So impossible when a love said impossible, as impetuous as life in the middle of nowhere ...
It is in this context that, with great joy, we announce the beginning of the International Literature Contest "Nature 2018-2019", which this year runs from 15 October 2018 to 15 December 2018. On 1 February 2019 are announced the pre-finalists and on the 28 February 2019 the main winners.
Can poetry survive a universe that seems so contrary to life? What do we have to say about something that is still so unknown to us? Is there any connection, any comparison, that we can make with our terrestrial reality? How can science emerge in literature in our context? All this is a challenge and makes us think. Above all, it should be seen as an action of good mood and joy: an exercise of writing among friends.
It is time to act, to write, so here is also the invitation to participate in this contest and then the conditions of participation and other details.
Everyone is welcome.
1. Participation in this contest is free.
2. Any person from any country can participate as long as they submit work written in English.
3. Each participant can submit a poem, without limit of words, and a short story, with a maximum of 3000 words. Extra poems: 2 USD each; Extra short stories: 5 USD each.
4. The works must be sent by e-mail to Rui M. (email@example.com) along with name, country, electronic contact. The subject of the email should be "International Literary Contest 'Nature - 2018-2019'". Line spacing: single spacing; Letter dimension: 12; Type of letter: Calibri; in the body of the e-mail.
5. The participating authors agree to receive e-mails in the future that have as their main purpose to advertise future literary initiatives.
6. Award-winning finalists are entitled to a digital certificate.
7. All the selected poems will be published in anthology, which will be available in PDF format (possibility to exist in Windows), with a cost of 2.5 € (payment of a donation by PayPal). Award-winning authors are entitled to a free version.
8. Author rights: authors have their rights over the works published, in order to publish as they want in any other place. The organization of the contest retain total rights over the published works in the context of the Anthology of the contest or any other Anthology or collection of Short Stories they want to publish in the future.
9. Deadline for participation: 15 January 2019.
10. Pre-finalists announced on 10 February.
11. The final results will be announced on February 28 at http://talesforlove.blogs.sapo.pt and, when possible, at http://synchchaos.com/.
12. The first one of each category will be entitled to a prize: artwork (an A4 painting) sent by mail.
Armenian poet and writer based in the USA and Australia.
Tales for Love
Lisbon - Portugal
California - USA
L.T. (California/Marin County)
Here you can find the Anthology "Nature 2017-2018":
Thank you very much.